Matson Street Emergency Group
Member Only Materials:
Click here to access the Matson Street Preparedness Neighborhood Website *
*Note: Since our website contains, among other information, our personal contact information the website requires you to login with your own account.
Matson Street Readiness Materials Login Here:
Matson Street Login
- Electrical Panel Warning Sign
Personal Emergency Supplies
- The Department of Emergency Management Information Tips:
- Basic All Hazards Preparedness
- Prepared not scared - what to do during an earthquake
- Be Prepared Not Scared - Earthquake - Tsunami Safety
- Emergency Pet Supplies Checklist
- Keeping your home safe and warm
- Gather emergency disaster supplies
- Candle with care
- Prepared not scared - Preparing for the rain
- Staying informed during a disaster
- Preparing your neighborhood and workplace
- Life saving skills to learn
- Preparing for a power outage
- Be prepared for winter driving
- Now that you're prepared, learn how you can help others
- Index to Prepared Not Scared series
- WA Map Your Neighborhood
Overview of MYN (PDF)
- Take care of your love ones.
- Dress for safety. Hard hat, sturdy shoes, leather gloves.
- Check the natural gas or propane at your home. Shut off if necessary
- Shut off water at the house main.
- Place the Hel or OK sign on your front door or window. Posting the sign helps your neighbors locate those who need help first.
- Put your fire extinguisher on the sidewalk or where neighbors can see it.
- After completing steps 1 -6 go to the Neighborhood meeting place. For the Matson Street Neighborhood the meeting place is in the middle of the street between 721 Matson and 734 Matson.
- Form teams at the Neighborhood Gathering Site:
- Team 1 will listen to the Emergency Alert System (AM/FM radio)
- Team 2 will check on neighbors who are elderly, those with a disability, or homes with unattended children.
- Team 4 will check all natural gas meters,furance oil tanks and propane tanks, and shut off the gas only if necessary
- Team 3 will check on all homes with the "Help" card displayed or with no card showing. Be prepared to give first aid.
- After your Team has completed its work, go back to the Neighborhood Gathering Site. Share what you have done with the rest of your neighbors.