Matson Street Emergency Group
Member Only Materials:
*Note: Access Instructions:
- Since our website contains, among other information, our personal contact information the website requires you to login with your own account.
- Use your GMail account to login to the neighborhood information. If you haven't already established a Matson Street Blog account, follow the these instructions:
- When your Matson Street Blog account has been established you will be sent an email to confirm your acceptance. Once you have "Confirmed" your acceptance you will be able to login with your GMail account.
Matson Street Readiness Materials Login Here:
Matson Street Login
- Get Tips From Ready.gov to Stay Safe During a Disaster (www.Ready.gov)
- Ready.com - National Emergency Preparedness
- USGS Earthquake Notification Service (ENS)
- Matson Street BlogSpot Landing Page/Site
Direct URL: http://matsonstr.blogspot.com/
Edit Blog: (click here (Email: MatsonResident))
- Electrical Panel Warning Sign
Personal Emergency Supplies
- The Department of Emergency Management Information Tips:
- Basic All Hazards Preparedness
- Prepared not scared - what to do during an earthquake
- Be Prepared Not Scared - Earthquake - Tsunami Safety
- Emergency Pet Supplies Checklist
- Keeping your home safe and warm
- Gather emergency disaster supplies
- Candle with care
- Prepared not scared - Preparing for the rain
- Staying informed during a disaster
- Preparing your neighborhood and workplace
- Life saving skills to learn
- Preparing for a power outage
- Be prepared for winter driving
- Now that you're prepared, learn how you can help others
- Index to Prepared Not Scared series
- WA Map Your Neighborhood
Overview of MYN (PDF)
9 Steps to take immediately following a disaster:
- Take care of your love ones.
- Dress for safety. Hard hat, sturdy shoes, leather gloves.
- Check the natural gas or propane at your home. Shut off if necessary
- Shut off water at the house main.
- Place the Hel or OK sign on your front door or window. Posting the sign helps your neighbors locate those who need help first.
- Put your fire extinguisher on the sidewalk or where neighbors can see it.
- After completing steps 1 -6 go to the Neighborhood meeting place. For the Matson Street Neighborhood the meeting place is in the middle of the street between 721 Matson and 734 Matson.
- Form teams at the Neighborhood Gathering Site:
- Team 1 will listen to the Emergency Alert System (AM/FM radio)
- Team 2 will check on neighbors who are elderly, those with a disability, or homes with unattended children.
- Team 4 will check all natural gas meters,furance oil tanks and propane tanks, and shut off the gas only if necessary
- Team 3 will check on all homes with the "Help" card displayed or with no card showing. Be prepared to give first aid.
- After your Team has completed its work, go back to the Neighborhood Gathering Site. Share what you have done with the rest of your neighbors.